Our actuarial services are personal and tailored to your needs, integrated into your environment, dynamic and reliable, understandable and accurate:
- Analyze risks, model mathematically and present the results in understandable language.
- Examine relationships, map them to processes and connect knowledge from various sources within the organization.
- Oversee these areas comprehensively and cohesively—from the foundational level of claims details and actuarial practice to your business's big picture and long-range goals—as your responsible actuary.
The specifications of our work will be designed to best meet your needs in manner, scope and schedule.
Let's discuss how my services would benefit your company. I look forward to hearing from you.
Founder and Managing Director
Azenes is looking for colleagues with special expertise in the areas of life and/or accident insurance, modelling as well as Risk Management. Fluency in German is a must, more details to be found in the German version. I look forward to hearing from you!
After receiving a primary school teaching diploma and teaching at the primary school level, I studied Mathematics, Computer Science and Actuarial Science at the University of Zurich, and earned a Masters degree in 2000. Subsequently, I completed in-service training to become a fully qualified actuary with special expertise in Financial Mathematics at the German Actuarial Academy. Since 2003, I've been a member of the Swiss Association of Actuaries SAA (SAV) and the German Actuarial Association GAA (DAV); since 2013 examiner for the SAV.
My experience includes:
- Zurich Financial Services, Zurich: Group Actuarial, general insurance and reinsurance
- Gerling Global Re, Zug and Cologne: Actuarial modeling, commutation pricing and technical provisions
- KPMG, Zurich and Europe: Consulting for and audit of national and international insurance and reinsurance companies
- KPMG, Zurich: Trustee of the Pension Fund
- Intuitive Collaboration, Zurich: Actuarial consulting, risk modeling, software development: www.pillarone.org
I am the responsible actuary for several Swiss insurance companies and have an active practice as an actuary working on a consultancy basis.
The focus of our consultancy is actuarial issues, with both quantitative and qualitative aspects considered.
Services offered by Azenes include:
- General insurance/non-life, health insurance and reinsurance
- Role as responsible actuary
- Regulatory work including those for FINMA and BAG (for example: creating business plans)
- Technical provisions and reserve reviews
- Technical accounting for IFRS and U.S. GAAP, Swiss GAAP FER, statutory accounting
- Capital Modeling: Swiss Solvency Test (SST) and Solvency II
- Reinsurance modeling
- Processes and internal control systems
If you would like references, we would offer you contact information and an introduction to one of our clients.
In close alignment with your existing internal and external functions, we offer assistance in the field of quantitative analysis of your insurance portfolio, as well as of your processes and internal control systems.
- Many years of experience as an auditor at KPMG and my actuarial expertise provide a useful and effective supplement to your internal audits.
- Astute questions for the Board of Directors or the Executive Committee—and careful listening to their replies—afford a clear analysis of the current situation and the possible next steps: How large are the individual risks in your company? What is the status of your internal control system? Where might we identify a blind spot in your very precise internal model? Do you have excessive or overly complex controls?
- Communication with the auditor and those doing external oversight ensures that the finished work is productive, accurate, effective.
Please contact us to learn how Governance can benefit your company instead of being burdensome.
Reliability is key to ensuring consistent, exceptional performance:
- Openness: During an engagement we speak openly and transparently with you.
- Confidentiality: We never speak to others about our work with you. (We will gladly supply references on request after consultation with the clients who we believe will be most appropriate for you.)
- Expertise: Our continuous training and the broad network we have established over the years mean that our contribution is quite thorough and current with all best practices, regulations and knowledge in our field.
- Four-eyes principle: In consultation with the client, we offer free quality assurance. Based on anonymised data we ensure such quality checks on a regular basis, for example, complicated Excel sheets are checked by niceadvice.
- Data: Azenes’s servers are located in one of the most secure data centers in Switzerland (in Glattbrugg near Zurich).
- Liability: Azenes is insured for financial loss liability.
- Deputy: We offer clients a complimentary deputy to ensure consistent service.
Interested in knowing more? We can review these topics with you personally.
For further technical fields or larger projects, we have long-term partnerships with experts in:
- Accounting for Insurers / IFRS: Rokoco Partner
- Accident insurance
- Life insurance: FS Consulta
- Reinsurance pricing: PRS
- Enterprise Risk Management: Arocha & Associates
- Modeling software: PillarOne
- Computer science for insurance: Intuitive Collaboration
- Insurance fraud and white-collar crime: Arno Thürig, Rechtsanwalt
- Detection of insurance fraud: addResults
- Accounting for insurance
We would be pleased to connect you with a key person at any of these companies, as needed.
Detailed project description Solvero.
Documentation of the training for the KVG-solvency test:
Our cooperative relationship between Azenes and RVK is described in the brochure Information 4/2011 on page twenty-six.
Azenes is engaged to education such as: